- Client: Global entertainment media company
- Solution: Value Driven Alignment
Our client is a highly respected global business that had experienced rapid growth over a number of years and had the challenge of creating and delivering an ambitious 5 Year Plan to meet the expectations of its Shareholders.
Whilst they had a vision, clear goals and targets, as a leadership team they needed to work together in a more effective, collaborative way, demonstrating ownership and accountability in co-creating and executing an overall 5 Year Plan whilst embedding new ways of working and behaviours which would be consistent with the business’s values, goals, strategies, desired culture and philosophy, and move towards a framework that would enable them to operationalise their business (create their future whilst leading their day to day business).
To support the CEO and his leadership team to ensure that:
- As a business, they were totally clear and agreed on which strategies would maximise the chances of success in achieving their vision, objectives and 5 Year Plan, and ultimately increase the reach and value of their organisation.
- As a leadership team, they fully understood how to execute those strategies, creating and implementing detailed plans, agreeing a framework to operationalise their business, including being aligned behind ways of working and behaviours that maximise efficiencies across and down the organisation and demonstrate their transformation into a highly effective leadership team.
- As a leadership team they fully understood how they had carried out business in the past to achieve their great results, and they understood the market, local and global drivers, the levers, interdependencies, relationships etc. required to sustain the growth and success in the future. This was critical in order to replicate and embed the model and ingredients into the countries they wished to expand into.
- As a leadership team they understood the role of the team and the skills, capabilities and behaviours required to enable this to happen and, as individuals, they understood how to support one another and hold one another to account, ensuring both individually and collectively they are making the greatest contribution in their roles.
- Plans and strategies were co-created and agreed, which were aligned behind the 5 Year goals and objectives, including how to close the gap in specific areas and “Go Big” across real opportunities. These plan were approved by the Shareholders.
- As a leadership team they co-created, and began to move towards, a framework that enabled them to operationalise their business. New meeting structures, means of governance, ways of working and behaviours were being successfully practised, which were consistent with the business’s values, goals, strategies, desired culture and philosophy, enabling the team to work together in a far more effective way and engage other stakeholders.
- The leadership team understood what it took at a business, team and individual level to lead themselves and their own teams in executing the strategies of the business.
- The leadership team was recognised as one integrated team, successfully aligned behind the vision, mission and goals, strategy and strategic challenges, outcomes and results, values and ways of working, accountabilities and competencies, execution and performance.
- The leadership team became a role model in the business, operating in a way that was consistent with the desired culture and philosophy of the CEO.
Following the impact and success of our support, we were subsequently asked to continue our work through our Value Leadership Programme, supporting the Leadership Team in engaging their Management Team in a way that enabled the Management Team to take greater ownership and accountability for the integration and execution of the strategies and plans.